Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Cross

Here comes Peter Cottontail....

But wait, is that what Easter is all about? Like Christmas is all about Santa?

Answer: Nope. Thought not.

We are getting closer to Easter. Yes, the Easter bunny is supposed to be making an appearance. (Which honestly an Easter Bunny seems scary to me. I've always pictured it as a GINORMOUS bunny rabbit hopping around with eggs flying everywhere!) I've always had a vivid imagination. Or so my mom says.

Anyways, back to the point. We associate Easter with a bunny. But what is most important is it is coming up on the day Jesus was crucified on a cross for our sins. So we could be forgiven. Is there anyone else who loves this time as well? Jesus was HUNG on a CROSS and left for dead. And then again (Easter Sunday) 3 days after the day he died, he rose from the dead.

My pastor made an awesome point one Sunday. Everyone makes the cross out to be something beautiful. It's not. It held our Savior as he died. He was nailed to it! It may not be beautiful but to me what it represents is beautiful.

"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

This is found in Luke 23:24. Jesus is asking for forgiveness for us. He's not shouting and denying his father. He's not asking him why? He's asking God to forgive us, because we don't know what we are doing. Forgive those that nailed him to the cross, because they don't know what they were doing. To whom they were doing it to.

We should feel so lucky to have a man like that watching over us. Perfect Love is what God has for us. It's amazing. It's pure, honest, perfect love.

Jesus died and was put in a tomb with a rock tolled in front of the entrance. Three days later Mary Magdalene (remember her? A sinner who became one of Jesus's most devoted followers?) saw an angel who told her that Jesus has risen! Our Jesus rose from the dead!! Can Peter Cottontail? Take a bit and thank Jesus for dying for your, our sins. Because that's what makes his love even greater. He died for you!!

Lead me to the cross, where your love poured out.
Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down.
Rid me of myself, I belong to you.
Lord lead me to the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment